21. There was a ________ drop in support for the Union in the 1974 election.
A. delicate B. distinct C. distant D. downward
22. We agreed to accept ______ they thought was the best tourist guide.
A. whatever B. whomever C. whichever D. whoever
23. It is ________ impossible to find a good educational computer program in this part of the country.
A. barely B. hardly C. merely D. nearly
24. ______ that the trade between the two countries reached its highest point.
A. During the 1960’s B. That it was in the 1960’s
C. It was in the 1960’s D. It was the 1960’s
25. ______ that the demand for power continues to rise at the current rate, it will not be long before traditional sources become inadequate.
A. Concerning B. Ascertaining C. Assuming D. Regarding